hbase-user mailing list archives

From Mingtao Zhang <mail2ming...@gmail.com>
Subject Consistency Model
Date Fri, 25 Jul 2014 17:49:39 GMT
Hi,

I have the following row key and value (column family/column qualifier
ignored):

hash(sitename) + sessionid
  value: duration

I need to calculate the duration in a distributed environment correctly. As
far as I know, I need to lock the specific row during read-write (in my
case my read is only happen before the write) to ensure consistency.

Previously from the HBase Definitive Guide or 0.94.15, I could see (though
deprecated)

RowLock lockRow(byte[] row) throws IOException;
void unlockRow(RowLock rl) throws IOException;

But it's seems gone with the latest API.

https://hbase.apache.org/apidocs/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/client/HTableInterface.html

Is there anyway I could achieve the consistency with latest HBase?

Best Regards,
Mingtao