hbase-user mailing list archives

From Stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: Unable to see old tables after migrating from 0.94 to 0.98
Date Tue, 29 Jul 2014 01:09:07 GMT
On Mon, Jul 28, 2014 at 5:45 PM, anil gupta <anilgupta84@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Stack,
>
> I basically did full table scan for hbase:meta by running this(since
> cluster has 2-3 regions only): scan 'hbase:meta', {RAW => true, VERSIONS =>
> 10}
> Output of above query shows rows for "hbase:namespace" and "dummy" table.
> So, it seems like hbase:meta doesn't have any old data.

Yeah. Check size of the hbase:meta region.  If small, yeah, may not have
the above.  If you look around in hdfs, you see an old .META. dir?

> Our sysadmin team is still trying to locate all the logs. However, i
> remember one error that i resolved. I was related to "hbase.versions" file.
> It was some complaint about Protbouf version. I deleted hbase.versions file
> and then HBase came up.

Hmm. So, it probably thought this a new install and just created the new
layout.  Is the old 0.94 data is adjacent to the new layout?

> I'll update this email once i get more details
> about error logs.
>
> Here are the steps we followed to migrate:
> 1. Ran parcel update of CDH
> 2. Restarted HBase
> 3. ShutDown HBAse
> 4. Ran "hbase upgrade -execute"
>

> After reading the upgrade steps, It seems "hbase upgrade -execute" should
> have been taken before Restarting HBase?

Yeah. It does the migrations.

St.Ack