hbase-user mailing list archives

From Jianshi Huang <jianshi.hu...@gmail.com>
Subject Scan columns of a row within a Range
Date Thu, 17 Jul 2014 06:40:58 GMT
Hi,

I scanned through HBase' Scan API and couldn't find out how to scan a range
of columns in a row.

It seems I can only do scan(startRow, endRow), which are both just RowKeys.

What's the most efficient way to do it? Should I use a Filter? I heard
filter is not as efficient as RK scans, how much slower is it?

(BTW, I was using Accumulo for the same thing and it has a really nice API
(Range, Key) for it. A Key is a combination of RK+CF+CQ+TS.)

Am I missing anything?

Cheers,
--
Jianshi Huang