hbase-user mailing list archives

From Jeremy Carroll <phobos...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Is it safe to delete oldWAL files?
Date Mon, 14 Jul 2014 17:10:11 GMT
FWIW: I would never directly delete files from the hbase.rootdir. Past
experience has told me that if files are not being cleaned up, then there
is either a bug, or a valid reason for keeping the files. I would dig into
why the logcleaner is not removing the files. Could be things like
replication between two clusters not working. I believe the default
(depending on version) is to have the master logcleaner wake up every 10
minutes. You should be able to set debug logging, and figure out why the
logs are not being expunged.