hbase-user mailing list archives

From Carl Austin <carl.aus...@gmail.com>
Subject Accumulo iterators in HBase
Date Tue, 01 Jul 2014 09:43:10 GMT
Hi,

I've recently been doing a little research into getting Accumulo iterators
working in HBase, and in my very basic example I seem to have been able to
do this for all three scopes (scan, min compaction and major compaction, or
scan, flush and compaction in HBase terminology).

I was hoping that an HBase guru would be able to take a look at my approach
- https://github.com/carlaustin/hbase-accumulo-iterators. It's very simple,
just 7 small classes.

I've done it by creating wrappers that can convert from accumulo iterators
to HBase scanners and back, allowing me to wrap a scanner as an iterator,
hand it to an accumulo iterator as the start of an iterator chain, and then
wrap that back to a scanner and return it. I've then used a RegionObserver
to implement this on flush, compact and scan.

You can see from the example I've done no iterator management or anything
at this point, it simply applies an iterator that changes all values to the
word "carl" for a table called "test". If it looks like this is a go-er
then I would look to continue work.

I'd really appreciate any comments on the approach to things I've missed,
even if they make this a total non-starter.

Thanks

Carl