hbase-user mailing list archives

From Wellington Chevreuil <wellington.chevre...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Replication in Hbase
Date Tue, 22 Jul 2014 09:57:49 GMT
I think you need to run a ZK instance apart from HBase. But if your main goal is to copy data
from one cluster to another, you may use other options, such as CopyTable, Bulkload, or Export/Import
tools. Replication will not copy data already inserted previously on your source Hbase, it
only replicates transactions as it happens, from source to destination, only once replication
has been enabled.

http://hbase.apache.org/book/ops_mgt.html#copytable

http://hbase.apache.org/book/ops_mgt.html#export

http://hbase.apache.org/book/ops_mgt.html#completebulkload