hbase-user mailing list archives

From Ted Yu <yuzhih...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Too many delete delay
Date Wed, 23 Jul 2014 10:17:12 GMT
If flush interval is set to 1 hr, that wouldn't explain why you frequently encountered slow
performance for deletes, right ?

Mind pastebin'ing portion of region server log ?

Cheers

On Jul 23, 2014, at 1:57 AM, "Li Yong" <lagend@foxmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks, Ted.
>     I see thousands upon thousands 'periodicFlusher requesting flush for region' logs.
I guess the conf 'hbase.regionserver.optionalcacheflushinterval' effects this! We use the
default 1h.‍

>     Is this the reason delete delay too much? And how can I repair this without shutdown
cluster?

> From:  "Ted Yu";<yuzhihong@gmail.com>;
> Date:  Wed, Jul 23, 2014 05:41 PM
> To:  "user@hbase.apache.org"<user@hbase.apache.org>;
> Cc:  "user"<user@hbase.apache.org>;
> Subject:  Re: Too many delete delay
>

> Have you checked region server logs to see if there was some clue ?
>
> If so, mind pastebin'ing some snippet ?
>
> Cheers
>
> On Jul 23, 2014, at 12:22 AM, "Li Yong" <lagend@foxmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>    I move my cluster to another cluster with CopyTable, then I found too many timeout,
Most of them are Delete! I found the table has too many storefiels, so i do a major_compact,
then things be better. After an hour, timeout again! I don't know why so many delay in delete,
not put, not scan. Can anyone tell me, when will delete operation  use too much time? Thanks!