hbase-user mailing list archives

From gabriela montiel <gabriela.mont...@oracle.com>
Subject How to validate HBase configuration (for region servers) from HBase admin page?
Date Mon, 28 Jul 2014 18:28:41 GMT
Hi all,

We have set up an HBase cluster with 10 region nodes. We modified the
default configurations to handle bucket cache in the hbase-site.xml (for
all region servers) as follows:

   <property>
     <name>hbase.regionserver.handler.count</name>
     <value>40</value>
   </property>
   <property>
     <name>hbase.bucketcache.ioengine</name>
     <value>offheap</value>
   </property>
   <property>
<name>hbase.bucketcache.percentage.in.combinedcache</name>
     <value>0.8</value>
   </property>
   <property>
     <name>hbase.bucketcache.size</name>
     <value>40000</value>
   </property>

However, when we access the HBase configuration page on the HBase Web
admin, we are not able to see the updated configurations, even for the
ones not related to bucket cache:

Can you give us a hint on why the configurations are not seen in the
HBase configuration site, and how we can check out the HBase
configuration for all region servers?

Thanks,

Gaby