hbase-user mailing list archives

From Rural Hunter <ruralhun...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Region server not accept connections intermittently
Date Tue, 22 Jul 2014 08:06:08 GMT
I don't know. I think the other parameter is more important:
net.core.somaxconn=1024 (original 128)
net.ipv4.tcp_synack_retries=2 (original 5)

Since I found many connections were in SYN_RECV status, my purpose of
changing these 2 parameters are:
net.ipv4.tcp_synack_retries: Reduce the waiting time in SYN_RECV status
so the queue reduce more quickly. I believe after this change, clients
will fail more quickly.
net.core.somaxconn: Increase the allowed connections in SYN_RECV queue.

After I made the changes, I kept track the netstat output and found
there was no SYN_RECV peak any more. There was usually several
connections in SYN_RECV.

于 2014/7/22 15:45, Esteban Gutierrez 写道:
> Thanks for keeping us updated Rural!
> I'm still curious why changing net.core.somaxconn in the kernel helped here
> if you didn't change ipc.server.listen.queue.size. Perhaps that property is
> in hdfs-site.xml or core-site.xml with a higher value?
> cheers,
> esteban.

View raw message