hbase-user mailing list archives

From Jane Tao <jiao....@oracle.com>
Subject Re: multiple region servers at one machine
Date Thu, 17 Jul 2014 21:53:23 GMT
Hi Ted,

In my case, there is a 6 Node HBase cluster setup (running on Oracle BDA).
Each node has plenty of RAM (64GB) and CPU cores. Several articles seem
to suggest
that it is not a good idea to allocate too much RAM to region server's
heap setting.

If each region server has 10GB heap and there is only one region server
per node, then
I have 10x6=60GB for the whole HBase. This setting is good for ~100M
rows but starts
to incur lots of GC activities on region servers when loading billions
of rows.

Basically, I need a configuration that can fully utilize the free RAM on
each node for HBase.

Thanks,
Jane