hbase-user mailing list archives

From "Tapper, Gunnar" <gunnar.tap...@hp.com>
Subject RE: Best HBase monitoring tool
Date Fri, 18 Jul 2014 18:31:59 GMT
Hi Giuseppe et al.

Within HP, we've started to add HBase Monitoring into HP Data Services Manager (HP DSM). In
1.4, you'll see a HBase dashboard, consolidated HBase log messages, and HBase health checks.
You'll also see a LOT of the HBase performance metrics landed in tables, which you can query
and chart using the Query Whiteboard. We’ll build more visualization of that data as we
move forward.

1.4 also introduces 3D representation of performance metrics but we've not yet plugged in
the HBase-specific metrics into that visualization.

I'm pondering more HBase functions for the next few releases so I'd love input on what you’d
want . For example, our IT department would like to be able to get stats such as number of
loads and queries processed per hour, per day, etc. but I've not been able to find a way to
get that type of data out of HBase. We've been doing work around the slow-query log data but
it's not quite meeting the request.

Anyway, you can download and try a free copy of HP DSM from: https://vertica.hpwsportal.com/#/Product/%7b%22productId%22:%221296%22%7d/Show

I'd love to get feedback on what other function you'd need; I'm attaching a screenshot of
HBase monitoring hoping that this mail server will allow it. :)

Thank you,

Gunnar

“People don’t know what they want until you show it to them… Our task is to read things
that are not yet on the page.” — Steve Jobs

[cid:image003.jpg@01CFA284.435AF150]