hbase-user mailing list archives

From gomes <sankarm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Is there any way I can prevent Hbase to allocate regions to particular region servers?
Date Sun, 27 Jul 2014 17:06:15 GMT
Actually SREs in my team, sometimes accidentally bring a region server, even
though those region servers are not supposed to join the cluster. Also when
they bootstrap a new region server, they disable balancer for a long time, I
dont want them to disable for a long period of time. I am just wondering
whether I can explicitly ask master server to not include certain region
servers for region allocation, even if those region servers accidentally
join the pool.

Thanks,