hbase-user mailing list archives

From abhishek1015 <abhishek1...@gmail.com>
Subject insert latency
Date Mon, 21 Jul 2014 21:19:50 GMT
Hello everyone,

I have a two node hbase cluster with each node running a data-node and a
region-server. I am running YCSB benchmark on this cluster. I have these two
counter-intuitive following interesting observation which I could not
explain. Hoping someone could help understand these behavior.

Experiment 1: a) Write Only - 100% insert workload vs b) Write heavy - 90 %
insert and 10% read
Observation: While average insert latency for write heavy is around 15 us,
the average insert latency is about 70x to 120x more for Write only
operations

Experiment 2: c) Write only workload with default compaction scheme, vs d)
Write only  workload with major and minor compaction off
Observation: While less data is written for compaction off, the insert
latency is lesser for default setting.

Thanks for any help.

Abhishek