hbase-user mailing list archives

From "kulkarni.swarnim@gmail.com" <kulkarni.swar...@gmail.com>
Subject Configuration for hbase client to connect to secure cluster
Date Wed, 25 Jun 2014 22:14:04 GMT
Hello,

I was wondering if there is a defined client configuration for hbase client
for connecting to a secure hbase cluster? With my client attempting to talk
to a secure cluster, I keep getting the following in my master logs:

"WARN org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.SecureServer: Incorrect header or version
mismatch from XX:XX:XX:XX:42760 got version 3 expected version 4"

and the following on my client:

INFO client.HConnectionManager$HConnectionImplementation: getMaster attempt
1 of 10 failed; retrying after sleep of 1008
java.io.IOException: Call to XX failed on local exception:
java.io.EOFException

The version warning first made me think that there was probably some
version mismatch with my jars. But I was able to connect to a non-secure
cluster perfectly fine. Any posible config that I might be missing? I made
sure that I do a kinit and obtain a valid kerberos ticket before running my
client.

Thanks for the help,

--
Swarnim