hbase-user mailing list archives

From Wellington Chevreuil <wellington.chevre...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: No of column qualifiers in a column family
Date Sun, 15 Jun 2014 11:35:33 GMT
Hi Vimal,

Adding to Dima's comment, just be aware about how large your rows will
become in bytes, with so much cqs. If you end up with a row larger than the
configured size limit for regions, regionserver will have problems to split
the region. Also, if your schema is defined by very wide rows, where most
of your data is stored in few rows, then you may face performance problems,
because most of your data will be stored on single regions, thus being
served by the same RegionServer.

To understand a little more about how data is split in hbase, and the
implications it can have to performance, you can look at the links below:

http://hbase.apache.org/book/regions.arch.html#arch.region.splits
http://hbase.apache.org/book/ops.capacity.html#ops.capacity.regions.count

Cheers.