hbase-user mailing list archives

From Li Li <fancye...@gmail.com>
Subject how to do parallel scanning in map reduce using hbase as input?
Date Thu, 26 Jun 2014 07:34:51 GMT
my table has about 700 million rows and about 80 regions. each task
tracker is configured with 4 mappers and 4 reducers at the same time.
The hadoop/hbase cluster has 5 nodes so at the same time, it has 20
mappers running. it takes more than an hour to finish mapper stage.
The hbase cluster's load is very low, about 2,000 request per second.
I think one mapper for a region is too small. How can I run more than
one mapper for a region so that it can take full advantage of
computing resources?

View raw message