hbase-user mailing list archives

From anil gupta <anilgupt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Configuration for hbase client to connect to secure cluster
Date Thu, 26 Jun 2014 05:16:16 GMT
Hi Swarnim,

It seems like you have a mismatch between client and server hbase
configuration. Do you have the configuration of both secure and non-secure
cluster in classpath of your application? If yes, please make sure that at
a given point of time only one set of configuration files are present in
Also, it's considered a good practice to specify HBase/Hadoop version in
your post.

~Anil Gupta

On Wed, Jun 25, 2014 at 3:14 PM, kulkarni.swarnim@gmail.com <
kulkarni.swarnim@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
> I was wondering if there is a defined client configuration for hbase client
> for connecting to a secure hbase cluster? With my client attempting to talk
> to a secure cluster, I keep getting the following in my master logs:
> "WARN org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.SecureServer: Incorrect header or version
> mismatch from XX:XX:XX:XX:42760 got version 3 expected version 4"
> and the following on my client:
> INFO client.HConnectionManager$HConnectionImplementation: getMaster attempt
> 1 of 10 failed; retrying after sleep of 1008
> java.io.IOException: Call to XX failed on local exception:
> java.io.EOFException
> The version warning first made me think that there was probably some
> version mismatch with my jars. But I was able to connect to a non-secure
> cluster perfectly fine. Any posible config that I might be missing? I made
> sure that I do a kinit and obtain a valid kerberos ticket before running my
> client.
> Thanks for the help,
> --
> Swarnim