hbase-user mailing list archives

From Stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: RegionMovedException: Region moved to Error
Date Fri, 27 Jun 2014 15:49:38 GMT
On Fri, Jun 27, 2014 at 7:19 AM, John Cooper <John.Cooper@smartfocus.com>

> Ok, so it is just a confirmation the region moved rather than an error.
> Sorry I meant after this error the import performance dropped to 25%
> (import logs show exactly same time as error, now taking 220s compared to
> 50s per 5000 entries). So tried stopping import and restarted cluster to
> see if performance would improve but still 25% of original. Each data
> server is in its own availability zone so wondering if a network speed
> issue causing the delay, however nothing obvious in server metric graphs.

Why have each node in a different availability zone?

You monitoring latencies in and out of your nodes?

How many regions?  Is upload spread evenly across your cluster?  How big
are the entries?  Are the 5k you are uploading now the same size as the
ones that took only 50s?  What are the servers doing cpu and i/o -wise?
 Background compactions?