hbase-user mailing list archives

From Samir Ahmic <ahmic.sa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Timeouts during major compaction
Date Tue, 17 Jun 2014 12:53:14 GMT
Hi,

You are definitely experiencing performance degradation cussed by major
compaction. How big is your write load ? Maybe you should consider to
decrease time interval between major compactions if you are writing a lot
data to cluster. Also here is part of hbase book which explains how to
configure major compaction related parameters:

http://hbase.apache.org/book/regions.arch.html#compaction

Regards
Samir