hbase-user mailing list archives

From ramkrishna vasudevan <ramkrishna.s.vasude...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Why Custom Filters are more resource exhaustive then normal single column value filter
Date Tue, 17 Jun 2014 12:08:00 GMT
>> If they don't
process records parallel on RS why not use HDFS to distribute the jar?
See https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-1936 for dynamic class

In the first mail you had mentioned that there are various problems in CP?
What are those problems?  Filters are mainly used to work on the Rows/cells
that are retrieved in every region.  Whereas CPs are used to add some user
extensions to the way Servers works in write path or read path.

Not sure if I understand your problem correctly.