hbase-user mailing list archives

From Vrushali C <vrush...@ymail.com>
Subject scan filter: how to ignore everything with a prefix except one particular column with that prefix
Date Thu, 05 Jun 2014 19:52:29 GMT

Hi
Is there a way to do this kind of filtering : In my scan, I want to retrieve all columns except
for columns starting with a certain prefix. But within that set of columns being ignored,
I have one known column name that I want to retrieve but ignore the rest. The reason is that
columns with this prefix have a lot of data and I am not interested in everything EXCEPT one
of those.

So for ignoring the columns with a certain prefix in the scan, I am doing something like
filters.addFilter(
     new QualifierFilter(CompareFilter.CompareOp.NOT_EQUAL,
        new BinaryPrefixComparator(
                Bytes.add(Bytes.toBytes("c!"), Constants.SEP_BYTES))))

Which works. But what I also want to add, is something like this

filters.addFilter(
     new QualifierFilter(CompareFilter.CompareOp.EQUAL,
        new BinaryPrefixComparator(
                Bytes.add(Bytes.toBytes("c!someName"), Constants.SEP_BYTES))))

I realize both filters are contradictory to each other, so how do I achieve this?

thanks
Vrushali