hbase-user mailing list archives

From yanivG <yaniv.yancov...@gmail.com>
Subject Upgrade from Hbase 0.94.6 to 0.96 (From CDH45. -> CDH 5.0)
Date Mon, 02 Jun 2014 14:35:13 GMT
I am trying to upgrade from CDH4.5 (which contains Hbase 0.94.6) to CDH5.0
(which contains hbase 0.96).
>From Cloudera documentation I found that:
"Rolling upgrades from CDH 4 to CDH 5 are not possible because existing CDH
4 HBase clients cannot make requests to CDH 5 servers and CDH 5 HBase
clients cannot make requests to CDH 4 servers. Replication between CDH 4 and
CDH 5 is not currently supported".

We have 2 clusters in production using replication. The question is how to
perform the upgrade on live system, if replication isn't possible from 4.5
to 5.0.
Lets assume I will upgrade the non primary cluster to 5.0, while the live
cluster will remain the one with 4.5. How can I catch up the data
Does CopyTable works between 4.5 to 5.0? Is there any compatible tool to do
the migration?