hbase-user mailing list archives

From Ramasubramanian <ramasubramanian.naraya...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: What is the best database to handle large volume of data
Date Fri, 23 May 2014 20:44:07 GMT
Hi,

Just to add: there will be heavy writes and updates.

Regards,
Rams

> On 24-May-2014, at 1:37 am, Ramasubramanian <ramasubramanian.narayanan@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Request your advice and suggestions on deciding what database can we consider other than
oracle to store huge volume of transactional data. It is expected to get around 100 millions
of data in a day and we need to keep this in the database for any updates not less than 3
months. There is a portal which shows details which these data.

> So here the volume is too large which oracle cannot handle.
>
> Pls suggest what is the next data that we should consider. Will be helpful if you could
state a rough write & read speeds.