hbase-user mailing list archives

From Otis Gospodnetic <otis.gospodne...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Any lessons from hbase deployments on on-premise products ?
Date Fri, 23 May 2014 23:24:06 GMT
Hi,

Our SPM <http://sematext.com/spm/> product (monitors HBase, Hadoop and a
bunch of other stuff) comes in On Premise version in addition to the Cloud
one, and it uses HBase to store all the performance metrics.   I can tell
you that the bulk of the Installation Guide is really about HBase (and thus
all the Hadoop pieces and ZooKeeper one has to set up).  While everything
ships in a VM and no separate installation of HBase & friends is needed,
it's still not super simple to set up or operate unless one either has
HBase people on the team or simply trusts that Sematext did a good job of
packaging, configuring, etc.  I think this is where some of the simpler
(from operational perspective) NoSQL DBs win. :(

Otis