hbase-user mailing list archives

From Keegan Witt <keeganw...@gmail.com>
Subject mapred/mapreduce classes in hbase-server rather than hbase-client
Date Thu, 01 May 2014 14:59:35 GMT
It looks like maybe as part of HBASE-4336, classes under the mapred and
mapreduce package are now deployed in the hbase-server artifact.  Wouldn't
it make more sense to have these deployed in hbase-client?  hbase-server is
a pretty big artifact to pull down to get access to TableOutputFormat, for
example.

If this makes sense, I can open a Jira.  I just thought I'd see if someone
could explain the rationale first.  Thanks!

-Keegan