hbase-user mailing list archives

From Jim Klucar <klu...@gmail.com>
Subject Intermittent TableInputFormat error
Date Thu, 15 May 2014 15:19:49 GMT
Hello,

We are running map/reduce over HBase 0.96.2-hadoop1 with TableInputFormat
and get an intermittent error that we can't track down. It shows up in
different jobs and we can reprocess the same data with no problems. Our
theory is that HBase may be migrating a region to a different server while
the scanner is reading it. Perhaps there is some setting we can enable to
prevent this?

Here's the stack trace we get:
http://pastebin.com/Wh3ZBC0J

Any insight is appreciated, let me know if you would like me to gather any
other log data.

Thanks,
Jim