hbase-user mailing list archives

From Shaikh Ahmed <rnsr.sha...@gmail.com>
Subject Copy some records from Huge hbase table to another table
Date Fri, 23 May 2014 21:49:55 GMT
Hi,

We have one huge HBase table with billions of rows. This table holds the
information about websites and number of hits on that site in every 15
minutes.

Every website will have multiple records in data with different number of
hit count and last updated timestamp.

Now, we want to create another Hbase table which will contain information
about only those TOP 10 websites which are having more number of hits.

We are seeking help from experts to achieve this requirement.
How we can filter top 10 websites based on hits count from billions of
records and copy it into our new HBase table?

I will greatly appreciate kind support from group members.

Thanks in advance.
Regards,
Riyaz