hbase-user mailing list archives

From Software Dev <static.void....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Prefix salting pattern
Date Sun, 18 May 2014 03:50:52 GMT
Well kept reading on this subject and realized my second question may
not be appropriate since this prefix salting pattern assumes that the
prefix is random. I thought it was actually based off a hash that
could be predetermined so you could alwasy, if needed, get to the
exact row key with one get. Would there be something wrong with doing
this.. ie, using a modulo of the hash of the key?