hbase-user mailing list archives

From Bharath Vissapragada <bhara...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: HBase 0.98 rpm
Date Tue, 27 May 2014 09:37:53 GMT
On Tue, May 27, 2014 at 2:38 PM, oc tsdb <oc.tsdb@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi ,
>
> 1) Where can we find hbase.098 tar
> with  hbase 0.98  directory structure similar to hbase-0.94.19  ?
>  i,e ..
>
> Directory structure of hbase 0.98
> # ls
> bin/      dev-support/     hbase-common/      hbase-hadoop2-compat/
>  hbase-prefix-tree/ hbase-shell/      LICENSE.txt  README.txt
> CHANGES.txt  hbase-assembly/  hbase-examples/      hbase-hadoop-compat/
> hbase-protocol/ hbase-testing-util/  NOTICE.txt   src/
> conf/      hbase-client/    hbase-hadoop1-compat/  hbase-it/
>  hbase-server/ hbase-thrift/      pom.xml   target/
>
> where as directory structure of hbase-0.94.14
>
> # ls ../hbase-0.94.14
> bin/  CHANGES.txt  conf/  docs/  hbase-0.94.14.jar  hbase-0.94.14-tests.jar
>  hbase-webapps/  lib/  LICENSE.txt NOTICE.txt  pom.xml  README.txt
> sbin/ security/
>  src/
>
> we downloaded hbase 0.98 and hbase 0.94 from
>
> http://www.webhostingjams.com/mirror/apache/hbase/hbase-0.98.2/hbase-0.98.2-src.tar.gzand
>

> http://www.webhostingjams.com/mirror/apache/hbase/stable/hbase-0.94.19.tar.gz
>
> respectively .

This was done in 0.95 release to shift from traditional single src/
directory to a multi-module layout as it makes more sense and easy to
manage. More discussion about it in this jira

> 2) we are trying to build an rpm out of hbase 0.98 version , where can i
> get the spec file or srpm for the same if available ?

Does this work? Bigtop manages it now IIRC.

https://github.com/apache/bigtop/blob/master/bigtop-packages/src/rpm/hbase/SPECS/hbase.spec

--
Bharath Vissapragada
<http://www.cloudera.com>