hbase-user mailing list archives

From Shushant Arora <shushantaror...@gmail.com>
Subject hbase key design to efficient query on base of 2 or more column
Date Sat, 17 May 2014 12:34:34 GMT
Hi

I have a requirement to query my data base on date and user category.
User category can be Supreme,Normal,Medium.

I want to query how many new users are there in my table from date range
(2014-01-01) to (2014-05-16) category wise.

Another requirement is to query how many users of Supreme category are
there in my table Broken down wise month in which they came.

What should be my key
1.If i take key as combination of date#category. I cannot query based on
category?
2.If I take key as category#date I cannot query based on date.

Thanks
Shushant.