hbase-user mailing list archives

From Tao Xiao <xiaotao.cs....@gmail.com>
Subject What property would trigger a region split besides hbase.hregion.max.filesize ?
Date Thu, 29 May 2014 01:49:56 GMT
I hope each region can be 10GB in size, so I set the property
*hbase.hregion.max.filesize* as 10737418240, which is 10GB. Then I
restarted the HBase cluster.

To check whether this property works, I created a new table and wrote  a
lot of records into it. However, when I checked the size of the regions of
that table, I found that each region is far smaller than 10GB. Actually,
regions of that table are about 3GB in size.

I guess there are other factors that would trigger a region split, albeit I
set the property *hbase.hregion.max.filesize* as 10GB.  Am I right ?

Thanks.

Tao