hbase-user mailing list archives

From Michael Segel <michael_se...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Is it possible? Replication from insecure HBase cluster to a secure HBase cluster(using Kerberos)
Date Fri, 16 May 2014 07:30:46 GMT
Errr… maybe…

Headless keytab on the insecure cluster nodes and use the same LDAP server for authentication?

On May 13, 2014, at 2:51 AM, 叶炜晨 <ye_wei_chen@163.com> wrote:

> Hello all,
>

>          Recentlly I met a problem about HBase replication configuration. Is it possible
to replicate data from a normal HBase(authentication = simple) to a secure HBase (authentication
= kerberos).   ?

>          I`m using HBase (hbase-0.94.2-cdh4.2.0) on Hadoop (hadoop-2.0.0-cdh4.2.0). I
have two HBase cluster--A, B, they are on different Hadoop cluster, using different namenode
and zookeeper.quorum.

>         Now, the Cluster A is a insecure Cluster ,which means the hbase.security.authentication
is simple. But Cluster B is a secure HBase, it is using kerberos for hbase.security.authentication.

>        Now my problem is, I hope A can replicate its table to B, using HBase Replication.
Is is possible to make it ?

>       By the way, I saw the "Configuring Secure HBase Replication" guide page in cloudera
website, but I found that guide is talking about  "two realms". Now I have only one HBase
cluster with Kerberos, the other one is an insecure HBase with simple authentification. I
want to make a master-slave replication with the insecure HBase as the master, and the secure
HBase as slave. How can I do that?