hbase-user mailing list archives

From Jeremy Carroll <phobos...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Full stack rolling restart
Date Thu, 29 May 2014 16:11:21 GMT
We have taken the approach of graceful stop of the RegionServer in maintenance. Then restarting
the DataNode. Once it has registered and back online we start the RegionServer and move it's
regions back. We do not compact before or after the operation since it takes a short period
of time, and minor compactions will regain the small amount of locality lost during the maintenance

I believe it's doubtful that he Hadoop project itself will release an official cluster management
/ operations framework. So we built a lot of this ourselves.

Sent from my iPhone