hbase-user mailing list archives

From Marcos Ortiz <mlor...@uci.cu>
Subject Re: Upgrade path CDH4 to CDH5 hadoop/hbase with running hbase replication
Date Tue, 20 May 2014 12:12:25 GMT

On 20/05/14 05:35, Hansi Klose wrote:
> Hi,
>
> we are starting to think about the upgrade of our existing CDH 4.2.0  Cluster to CDH5.0.1
>
> We have a master Hadoop cluster with hbase and a slave Hadoop cluster with hbase
> Hbase replication is enabled from master to slave cluster.
>
> What is the best was to upgrade this environment with a minimum downtime of the master
cluster?

> My suggestion since now is this way.
>
> 1.) shut down hbase in the master cluster
>
> 2.) shut down hbase on the slave cluster
>
> 3.) shut down hadoop on the master cluster
>
> 4.) upgrade hadoop on the master cluster
>
> 5.) upgrade zookeeper server for master cluster
>
> 6.) upgrade zookeeper server of the slave cluster
>
> 7.) start hadoop on the master cluster
>
> 8.) upgrade hbase on the master cluster
>
> 9.) start hbase on the master cluster
>
> 10.) shut down hadoop on the slave cluster
>
> 11.) upgrade hadoop on the slave cluster
>
> 12.) start hadoop on the slave cluster
>
> 13.) upgrade hbase on the slave cluster
>
> 14.) start hbase on the slave cluster
>
> Did i miss a step?
> If so which step is missing and at what position?
I think that you will find a quicker answer in the Cloudera Users group:
https://groups.google.com/a/cloudera.org/forum/#!forum/cdh-user

But anyway, the completed guides to do this are here:
http://www.cloudera.com/content/cloudera-content/cloudera-docs/CM5/latest/Cloudera-Manager-Managing-Clusters/cm5mc_upgrade_cdh4_to_5.html

http://www.cloudera.com/content/cloudera-content/cloudera-docs/CDH5/latest/CDH5-Installation-Guide/cdh5ig_cdh4_to_cdh5_upgrade.html

http://www.cloudera.com/content/cloudera-content/cloudera-docs/CM5/latest/Cloudera-Manager-Managing-Clusters/cm5mc_upgrade_tocdh5_using_parcels.html

--
Marcos Ortiz <http://www.linkedin.com/in/mlortiz> (@marcosluis2186
<http://twitter.com/marcosluis2186>)

VII Escuela Internacional de Verano en la UCI del 30 de junio al 11 de julio de 2014. Ver
www.uci.cu