hbase-user mailing list archives

From 叶炜晨 <ye_wei_c...@163.com>
Subject Is it possible? Replication from insecure HBase cluster to a secure HBase cluster(using Kerberos)
Date Tue, 13 May 2014 01:51:38 GMT
Hello all,

          Recentlly I met a problem about HBase replication configuration. Is it possible
to replicate data from a normal HBase(authentication = simple) to a secure HBase (authentication
= kerberos).   ?

          I`m using HBase (hbase-0.94.2-cdh4.2.0) on Hadoop (hadoop-2.0.0-cdh4.2.0). I have
two HBase cluster--A, B, they are on different Hadoop cluster, using different namenode and

         Now, the Cluster A is a insecure Cluster ,which means the hbase.security.authentication
is simple. But Cluster B is a secure HBase, it is using kerberos for hbase.security.authentication.

        Now my problem is, I hope A can replicate its table to B, using HBase Replication.
Is is possible to make it ?

       By the way, I saw the "Configuring Secure HBase Replication" guide page in cloudera
website, but I found that guide is talking about  "two realms". Now I have only one HBase
cluster with Kerberos, the other one is an insecure HBase with simple authentification. I
want to make a master-slave replication with the insecure HBase as the master, and the secure
HBase as slave. How can I do that?