hbase-user mailing list archives

From jingych <jing...@neusoft.com>
Subject Re: Re: CDH5 hbase client outofmemory
Date Fri, 23 May 2014 03:15:20 GMT
Thanks!

But we have the security policy, I can't access these website %>_<%
I try some, but doesn't work, i give up ╮(╯▽╰)╭

The post snapshot just monitor the heap size and threads.

It shows that:
The heap size is 512M.
While the client is running, the first 10min, the heap size is stable between the 150M and
300M. the gc works fine.
But when the client running about 12min, the heap size is reaching the warning line, 512M,
and the gc is heavy-load.
In the meantime, the active thread size is increased to 125 from 100.

Best Regards!

Jingych

From: Ted Yu
Date: 2014-05-23 10:59
To: user@hbase.apache.org; jingych
Subject: Re: Re: CDH5 hbase client outofmemory
There're many options.

https://imgur.com/ is one.

Cheers

On Thu, May 22, 2014 at 7:53 PM, jingych <jingych@neusoft.com> wrote:

Sorry. This is a image. I do not know where can i upload it.

Could you please give me some suggestions.

jingych

From: Ted Yu
Date: 2014-05-23 10:45
To: user@hbase.apache.org
CC: Jean-Marc Spaggiari; user

Subject: Re: CDH5 hbase client outofmemory

The snapshot didn't go through.

Can you put it on some website and give us the URL ?

Cheers

On May 22, 2014, at 7:38 PM, jingych <jingych@neusoft.com> wrote:

> Hi, JM & everyone!
>
> Thanks for your reply!
>
> My java client, use the HTable#put(Put) method with 2M buffer to commit rows.
> While the client running for a while, the jvisualvm shows the htable threads increasing
and the heap size increased too.
> Here is the snapshot:
>

> i research the implementation of the HTable#put(Put).
> I found the doPut operation is the async, and when one row success, this will return.
>
> So, I guess when the HBase server is slower to response the put request.
> The hbase client will accumulate so many rows.
> And on the other hand, when the put operation failed, the hbase client will retry with
the recursion submit method.

> I think the above two is the reason caused the OOME.
>

> PS:
> What do you mean It's not cdh5 specific? I found it from the website http://archive.cloudera.com/cdh5/cdh/5/hbase-0.96.1.1-cdh5.0.0/
> Where can i get the CDH5 source code ?
> CDH5 means hbase 0.96.2?
> I'm confused with the CDH5, Apache, Phoenix ...
> What's the relationship among them.
>
> Thanks a lot!
>
> Best regards!
>

> Jingych
>
> From: Jean-Marc Spaggiari
> Date: 2014-05-23 09:33
> To: user; jingych
> Subject: Re: CDH5 hbase client outofmemory
> Hi Jingych,
>
> This is the HBase 0.96.2 code. Not CDH5 specific. Do you have more details on you OOME?
Did you figured why it occured?

{
>>       canRetry = false;
>>     }
>>
>>     byte[] region = null;
>>     if (canRetry && callback != null) {
>>       region = location == null ? null : location.getRegionInfo().getEncodedNameAsBytes();
>>       canRetry = callback.retriableFailure(originalIndex, row, region, throwable);
>>     }
>>
>>     if (!canRetry) {
>>       if (callback != null) {
>>         if (region == null && location != null) {
>>           region = location.getRegionInfo().getEncodedNameAsBytes();
>>         }
>>         callback.failure(originalIndex, region, row, throwable);
>>       }
>>       errors.add(throwable, row, location);
>>       this.hasError.set(true);
>>     }
>>
>>     return canRetry;
>>   }
>>
>> This will treat the OOM as the canRetry exception.
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> Best Regards!
>>

>> jingych
>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>> Confidentiality Notice: The information contained in this e-mail and any accompanying
attachment(s)
>> is intended only for the use of the intended recipient and may be confidential and/or
privileged of
>> Neusoft Corporation, its subsidiaries and/or its affiliates. If any reader of this
communication is
>> not the intended recipient, unauthorized use, forwarding, printing,  storing, disclosure
or copying
>> is strictly prohibited, and may be unlawful.If you have received this communication
in error,please
>> immediately notify the sender by return e-mail, and delete the original message and
all copies from
>> your system. Thank you.
>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

> Confidentiality Notice: The information contained in this e-mail and any accompanying
attachment(s)
> is intended only for the use of the intended recipient and may be confidential and/or
privileged of
> Neusoft Corporation, its subsidiaries and/or its affiliates. If any reader of this communication
is
> not the intended recipient, unauthorized use, forwarding, printing,  storing, disclosure
or copying
> is strictly prohibited, and may be unlawful.If you have received this communication in
error,please
> immediately notify the sender by return e-mail, and delete the original message and all
copies from
> your system. Thank you.
of
is