hbase-user mailing list archives

From raja kbv <raja...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Hadoop-2.4.0 HBase-0.19.18 Region server startup failed
Date Tue, 13 May 2014 06:35:21 GMT
Yes Ted, i am using hbase-0.94.19 and  i got '-Dcompile-protobuf' from http://hbase.apache.org/book.html#build.protobuf.
As of now, my hbase is working fine. i will update you if i face any issue.

Regards,
Raja

On Monday, 12 May 2014 10:05 PM, Ted Yu <yuzhihong@gmail.com> wrote:

Did you get '-Dcompile-protobuf' from http://hbase.apache.org/book.html#build.protobuf ?

If you're using hbase-0.94.19, that define is not available.

Cheers

On Mon, May 12, 2014 at 4:50 AM, raja kbv <rajakbv@yahoo.com> wrote:

Hi Ted,
>Its working after i did "mvn compile -Dcompile-protobuf -Dprotoc.path=/user/bin/protoc"
using libprotoc 2.5.0 and "sudo mvn clean package assembly:single -DskipTests -Dhadoop.profile=2.0".

>Thanks a lot for help.
>

>Regards,
>Raja
>
>On Saturday, 10 May 2014 6:38 PM, Ted Yu <yuzhihong@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>See https://code.google.com/p/protobuf/issues/detail?id=493 for background information
on the exception you got.

>On the computer where you did the build, can you run the following command ?
>

>$ protoc --version
>

>It should print something like:
>

>libprotoc 2.5.0
>

>If you see libprotoc 2.4.1, you need to upgrade to 2.5.0
>The following file would be regenerated from protoc command :
>
>src/main/java/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/protobuf/generated/HBaseProtos.java
>

>Cheers
>

>On Sat, May 10, 2014 at 3:36 AM, raja kbv <rajakbv@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>Hi Ted,
>>

>>I have recently installed hadoop-2.2.0 and hbase-0.95.19 compiled using "sudo mvn
clean package assembly:single -DskipTests -Dhadoop.profile=2.0" as in HBASE-11076 update.

>>However my region server statrup fails with error "UnsupportedOperationException:
This is supposed to be overridden by subclasses.". I have attached all files for your reference.

>>i also read the post in http://apache-hbase.679495.n3.nabble.com/HBase-0-94-on-hadoop-2-2-0-2-4-0-td4058517.html
where you mentioned to rebuild classes for .proto files.  the command "protoc -Isrc/main/protobuf
--java_out=src/main/java "  created Protobuf.java.  I also tried "mvn compile -Dcompile-protobuf
-Dprotoc.path=/user/bin/protoc" which created hbase/target directory but i dont know how to
rebuild tarball from it.