hbase-user mailing list archives

From raja kbv <raja...@yahoo.com>
Subject Hadoop-2.4.0 HBase-0.19.18 Region server startup failed
Date Sat, 10 May 2014 10:36:46 GMT
Hi Ted,

I have recently installed hadoop-2.2.0 and hbase-0.95.19 compiled using "sudo mvn clean package
assembly:single -DskipTests -Dhadoop.profile=2.0" as in HBASE-11076 update.

However my region server statrup fails with error "UnsupportedOperationException: This is
supposed to be overridden by subclasses.". I have attached all files for your reference.

i also read the post in http://apache-hbase.679495.n3.nabble.com/HBase-0-94-on-hadoop-2-2-0-2-4-0-td4058517.html
where you mentioned to rebuild classes for .proto files.  the command "protoc -Isrc/main/protobuf
--java_out=src/main/java "  created Protobuf.java.  I also tried "mvn compile -Dcompile-protobuf
-Dprotoc.path=/user/bin/protoc" which created hbase/target directory but i dont know how to
rebuild tarball from it.

I am stuck here for last 5 days. Could you please help me to resolve this issue? Thank you
in advance.

Regards,
Raja