hbase-user mailing list archives

From "Hansi Klose" <hansi.kl...@web.de>
Subject taking snapshot's creates to many TCP CLOSE_WAIT handles on the hbase master server
Date Thu, 17 Apr 2014 13:51:40 GMT
Hi,

we use a script to take on a regular basis snapshot's and delete old one's.

We recognizes that the web interface of the hbase master was not working
any more becaues of too many open files.

The master reaches his number of open file limit of 32768

When I run lsof I saw that there where a lot of TCP CLOSE_WAIT handles open
with the regionserver as target.

On the regionserver there is just one connection to the hbase master.

I can see that the count of the CLOSE_WAIT handles grow each time
i take a snapshot. When i delete on nothing changes.
Each time i take a snapshot  there are 20 - 30 new CLOSE_WAIT handles.

Why does the master do not close the handles? Is there a parameter
with a timeout we can use?

We use hbase 0.94.2-cdh4.2.0.

Regards Hansi