hbase-user mailing list archives

From Jean-Marc Spaggiari <jean-m...@spaggiari.org>
Subject Re: question about threads count
Date Mon, 28 Apr 2014 12:01:34 GMT
Hi Li Li,

Yes, threads will impact the performances. If you send all you writes with
a single thread, a single HBase handler will take care of them, etc. HBase
does not provide a single handler for a single client connexion. It's able
to handle multiple threads and clients.

However, it also all depends on the way you send your writes. If you send a
single puts(<10000>) per seconds, if will not be better to send 10 000
threads with a single put.

I will recommend you to run some perf tests on your installation to find a
good number for your configuration.

JM