hbase-user mailing list archives

From Jean-Marc Spaggiari <jean-m...@spaggiari.org>
Subject Re: Geographically distant client
Date Thu, 03 Apr 2014 14:00:47 GMT
Efficient? Probably not ;) But it's like if you are connecting your client
app to a webserver local to the cluster and then the webserver connects to
the cluster.

I don't like the idea of having the cluster accessible from the outsite and
usuall prefer to have kind of a gateway, but that's your call.

You efficiency will mainly depend on the RPC calls you are doing. If you
send or retreive big bunch of data at a time should not be that bad. But if
you get cells one by one and send edits one by one, might not be very good.

JM