hbase-user mailing list archives

From Jean-Marc Spaggiari <jean-m...@spaggiari.org>
Subject Re: Moving older data versions to archive
Date Thu, 03 Apr 2014 18:55:32 GMT
Hey, that's one of the reasons I have opened HBASE-10115 but never got a
chance to work on it. Basically, setup a TTL on the column, and with the
hook, move the cells somewhere else.

With current state, the only thing I see is a MR job which will run daily
and move the older versions. Like, anything where version > 3 (as an
example) and then delete it (or expire it with TTL, etc.). If unfortunatly
don't think there is a "nice" solution to do that today.

JM