hbase-user mailing list archives

From Jean-Marc Spaggiari <jean-m...@spaggiari.org>
Subject Re: how to develop a custom LoadBalancer for HBase
Date Mon, 07 Apr 2014 12:03:58 GMT
Shameless plug:
http://www.spaggiari.org/index.php/hbase/changing-the-hbase-default-loadbalancer#.U0KTsUU6toc;)

You don't need to recompile the entire HBase source code. Just your code,
then deploy it to the Master server and do the config in hbase-site.xml:
    <property>
      <name>hbase.master.loadbalancer.class</name>
      <value>org.spaggiari.hbase.RegionServerPerformanceBalancer</value>
    </property>

Feel free to ask more questions if required.

JM