hbase-user mailing list archives

From Krishna Rao <kris...@blinkbox.com>
Subject Re: HBase checksum vs HDFS checksum
Date Tue, 29 Apr 2014 08:28:11 GMT
Hi Ted,

I had read those, but I'm confused about how this will affect non-HBase HDFS data. With HDFS
checksumming off won't it affect data integrity?

Krishna

On 24 April 2014 15:54, Ted Yu <yuzhihong@gmail.com<mailto:yuzhihong@gmail.com>>
wrote:
Please take a look at the following:

http://hbase.apache.org/book.html#perf.hdfs.configs.localread
http://hbase.apache.org/book.html#hbase.regionserver.checksum.verify

On Thu, Apr 24, 2014 at 5:55 AM, Krishna Rao <krishnanjrao@gmail.com<mailto:krishnanjrao@gmail.com>>
wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I understand that there is a significant improvement gain when turning on
> short circuit reads, and additionally by setting HBase to do checksums
> rather than HDFS.
>
> However, I'm a little confused by this, do I need to turn of checksum
> within HDFS for the entire file system? We don't just use HBase on our
> cluster, so this would seem to be a bad idea right?
>
>  Cheers,
>
> Krishna

Krishna Rao
Senior Development Engineer Lead
t: +44 20 7117 0809
m:
blinkbox music - the easiest way to listen to the music you love, for free
www.blinkboxmusic.com