hbase-user mailing list archives

From Demai Ni <nid...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: 答复: 答复: HBase Replication - Addition alone
Date Fri, 04 Apr 2014 23:46:21 GMT
agree about the suggestion above. just like to chime in a bit more.

One question, how do you like to treat the 'put' on the existing row? well,
it is a delete + addition to some degree.

If go to the coproc route, maybe better not to use replication at all.
Basically, you can have two tables: "source" and "backup", and when ever a
'put' is on 'source', the coproc will replay it to 'backup'. And the table
'backup' can be on the same cluster or another cluster.

Not sure about your use case, maybe the existing 'version' feature (
http://hbase.apache.org/book/schema.versions.html) can be used with a large
max-version. If the same row/cell won't rewritten a lot, then the cost will
be similar as the replication or coproc.

Demai

On Fri, Apr 4, 2014 at 6:45 AM, Jean-Marc Spaggiari <jean-marc@spaggiari.org