hbase-user mailing list archives

From Chamika Kasun <kasun.cham...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to Create a Column in Hbase using Hbase Client API
Date Tue, 29 Apr 2014 19:09:22 GMT
Yes this code is correct. Here what the code does is only create a column
family. What i want to do is inside the column family i want to create
several columns. In this documentation
<http://hbase.apache.org/apidocs/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/HTableDescriptor.html>for
the "Class HTableDescripter" it says that addFamily(hcd); creates a column
family NOT A Column.

*addFamily
<http://hbase.apache.org/apidocs/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/HTableDescriptor.html#addFamily(org.apache.hadoop.hbase.HColumnDescriptor)>*
(HColumnDescriptor<http://hbase.apache.org/apidocs/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/HColumnDescriptor.html>
 family)
Adds a column family.

In my project what i want to do is create several columns inside that
column family. In Hbase Documentation it termed as "qualifier". That is i
want to create several qualifiers inside a column family which can be
created from the above code snippet.

--
Chamika Kasun.
Undergraduate.