hbase-user mailing list archives

From R W <aijw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: What is the best practice for backup HBase data?
Date Wed, 02 Apr 2014 13:56:52 GMT
Hi Ted

OK, i guess i know how it works, so when i execute the clone operation,
data for the new table will be copied from the snapshot, so if my new table
is called "CLONE_TEST", i think on hdfs it will have a path like this
/hbase/CLONE_TEST which has the copied the data, then further modification
to CLONE_TEST table has nothing to do with the original snapshot, am i
correct? Thanks for your quick response :)

Cheers
aij