hbase-user mailing list archives

From Esteban Gutierrez <este...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: What is the best practice for backup HBase data?
Date Wed, 02 Apr 2014 06:12:33 GMT
Hello Aij,

Snapshots are the suggested method since HBase 0.94.6, they provide better
consistency for backing up data in HBase. You can find more information in
the HBase Book here:

https://hbase.apache.org/book.html#ops.snapshots

Depending on your use case and resources you might want to consider
replication as well:

http://hbase.apache.org/replication.html

cheers,
esteban.