hbase-user mailing list archives

From Manthosh Kumar T <manth...@gmail.com>
Subject Geographically distant client
Date Thu, 03 Apr 2014 12:59:43 GMT
Hi All,
         I have around 20-30 geographically distant clients that need to
write data to a centralized HBase server. I have dedicated VPN for the
communication and hence bandwidth won't be a issue. is it a good idea to
make the clients directly send data to the centralized server?. Or a
geographically distributed Hadoop cluster is more efficient for this
scenario? Has anybody come across such use case?. Need suggestions on the
viability and efficiency of the setup to follow

--
Cheers,
Manthosh Kumar. T