hbase-user mailing list archives

From Matteo Bertozzi <theo.berto...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Snapshots timeouts
Date Tue, 08 Apr 2014 13:31:47 GMT
Snapshots are a two-phase commit like operation, with the master
coordinating the region servers.
http://blog.cloudera.com/blog/2013/06/introduction-to-apache-hbase-snapshots-part-2-deeper-dive/

so, you have 2 timeout
 - on master side you have to set "hbase.snapshot.master.timeoutMillis".
(The master is waiting response from every RS involved in the snapshot
operation)
 - on region server side you have to set "hbase.snapshot.region.timeout".
(The region server is the one taking the snapshot of the regions that is
hosting)

the properties must be set in the hbase-site.xml of Master/RSs

Matteo

On Tue, Apr 8, 2014 at 12:23 AM, Bharath Vissapragada <bharathv@cloudera.com